More than just the home of the Stockyards Rodeo, the Cowtown Coliseum is a “living museum,” where the legends are on the walls and roaming the hallways. This is the gem of the Fort Worth Stockyards, bringing western lore to visitors of all ages from all around the world.
The Cowtown Coliseum is dedicated to providing a vibrant mix of history and activities that showcase the cowboy and western way of life dating back to the building’s inception in the early 20th century. Not only a Texas landmark, the Coliseum has been a destination for world leaders and performers for more than a century, and it is our mission to share this legacy with every visitor to Fort Worth and the Historical Stockyards. To assist us in this mission, the on-for-profit organization Friends of the Cowtown Coliseum welcomes your contributions. We recognize our donors each year at our annual fundraising banquet.
The Friends of the Cowtown Coliseum are dedicated to the preservation of the Cowtown Coliseum in the Fort Worth National Historic Stockyards and to preserve continuous stewardship to preserve the architectural history of the building.
Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with the goal of accomplishing philanthropic projects and encouraging volunteer contributions and actively participate in fundraising.
- Provide stewardship in acquiring historical images, artifacts, newspapers/printed word and other metadata about the coliseum.
- Offer educational programs to schools and organizations.
- Plan and implement fund raising projects.
- Partnering with UNT Denton’s Portal to Texas History since 2009. Sharing historical pictures, papers and other documentation about the coliseum with the university to place on Portals Web Site. This site is used as the repository for the Cowtown Coliseums picture history.
- Planning and implementation of history in pictures to place on the South Wall of the Coliseum celebrating famous people, events and programs since 1908. THE WALL OF LEDGENS: “Continuing 100 Years of History”
- Friends of the Cowtown Coliseum partner with Imagination Celebrations/ISD to regularly offer educational programs
Hours of Operation:
Coliseum Building open (and free) to Visitors on non-event days
Monday-Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday – 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
121 E. Exchange Ave. Fort Worth. TX 76164
Click here for directions
Toll-Free: 1-888-COWTOWN Metro: 817-625-1025
- H.R. “Hub” Baker, Director. Contact: email@example.com, 817-625-1025
- Nate Krieger, Director of Marketing. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 817-625-1025
- Clay Barlow, General Manager, Sales. Contact: email@example.com 817-625-1025
Board of Directors
- President – H.R. “Hub” Baker
- Vice President – Betty Tanner
- Secretary – Douglas Harman
- Treasurer – Robt. P. (Bob) Holmes
- Historian/Research – Clara Ruddell
- Rosalee McLeod
- Lonna and Robt. Baker
- Doc and Jeannie Halliday
- Jack Edmondson
- Paula Schimmerhorn
- Lauri Bevan